Thursday, December 22, 2005

Warm fuzzies and cold pricklies

I just wanted to say a little about what I do and don't want to write and see in my blog.

There is so much negativity on the web. I've read that it has to do with the feeling of anonimity people "enjoy" online. But it has gotten to the point that I almost never read the comments on a blog. I don't even read comments for Slashdot posts because it seems to be a flameathon, or at the very least the signal to flame ratio is too high for me.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good debate. We don't all have to agree on everything and have some big 60's love-in.

Even this post feels too negative, but I think having said it out loud from the beginning will keep me honest and trying to write in a positive style.

All that to say, keep comments in the non-smoking section and I'll do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home